- Updated: March 17, 2015
Following the introduction of concussion management guidelines for AFL matches, the AFL Medical Officers Association has produced guidelines for community football.
The guidelines are for trainers, first-aid providers, coaches, umpires, club officials and parents and should be understood and followed by all parties for the benefit and welfare of the players.
Download concussion management resources:
For community clubs
- Pocket Concussion Recognition Tool (CRT)
- Concussion Management Booklet
- Concussion Management Poster
- Guidelines for Coaches
- Guidelines for Players
- Guidelines for Parents
- Responsible Approach to Concussion in the AFL
- AFL Position Statement on Helmets & Mouthguards
- The Management of Injuries and Medical Emergencies in Community Australian Football